Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Today's Activities Include....

Today's activities include absolutely nothing....ohhh how I wish but it was a great thought for a brief moment.  However, for the first time all summer I did sleep in. 

At the beginning of the summer my 16 year old son Brandon took a paper route   The requirements for the job was you had to be 16 years old and have a car that was insured.  Since his car is great on gas he took the job.  HOWEVER, what they didn't tell him was the job really is a two person job and the route was fairly difficult.  It really was not just driving down the street and throwing the paper out the window.

Anyway, after 3 days he really wanted to throw in the towel (or should I say throw in the paper-LOL).  We encouraged that he can't quite.  More than anything we wanted him to learn the following life lessons from this.

1)  Life can be difficult at times and not every job you are going to love, but you have to stick it out.
2)  Remember your family is always there to help you in a time of need.
3)  Apply yourself and set high goals now to go to college or potentially this in the kind of job you will have for a lifetime.

So he did stick it out.  Brandon and I got up every morning at 2:15am to go do his paper route.  He ended up making pretty good money and the best part of it all I saw him grow so much this summer.

Yesterday was our last day so today I plan on doing nothing (not really) but it has been great to rest and relax.  I for sure need a pedicure after I am done here in the Jacuzzi tub...

Have a great day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are an amazing mother AND friend!

Nicole Norris said...

I am going to celebrate with you by perhaps doing some late night texting!? ;)

Lynette said...

Thanks guys. Nicole since I can't leave a comment on your blog I will just leave one here. Let the texting begin. LOL

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin