Wednesday, August 26, 2009

1 card, 1 layout, 1 photo tip and lots of distressing


I thought it would be fun to take "Paper Take Weekly Sketch" along with "Color Me Monday" and make a card with the sketch and color combo and then turn around and make a layout. Well I guess I only made the left side of the layout. Once I get the right-sided page done I will post that as well.

Photo Tip: I think this is my favorite photo I have taken this summer. So I want to share a photo tip with you. Remember to always fill the frame. I love close ups, but just when you think you are close enough remember to get closer. You can't really see it here on the computer, but if you had the layout in your hands you could see this fun effect. Because I was so close when you look in my sons eyes you can see a reflection of me taking the photo in his eyes. I should have titled the layout "Through your Mothers Eyes" OHHH well, next time maybe. Anyway it looks really cool and his eyes almost look like glass.

Distressing: I love to distress. I think I used almost every distressing technique I could think of on these two project. I pulled out my distressing kit and went to town.

On the card-I used the distressing tool to tatter the B&T paper and then inked the edges with the distressing inks. I also dragged the distressing ink across the B&T to give it the distressed look. On the main image I sponged Desert Sand ink to soften the look.

On the layout- I used the distressing tool to tatter the B&T and inked the edges just as I did with the card. The Desert Sand cardstock strip I scored every 1/2" vertical and horizontal. Then lightly sand the scored lines. Because CTMH paper has a white core you can get this very effect. With the Indian Corn Blue cardstock I sprayed it with water, wad the cardstock into a ball and then gently unroll the wad of cardstock. I then ironed the wrinkles into the cardstock. For and additional effect take the Indian Corn Blue ink and rub it over the cardstock. The raised parts of the wrinkled paper will pick up the ink. Around the photo I used the distressing tool to curl the cardstock around the photo.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Both projects are so yummy! Gorgeous work and absolutely stunning photography. I've been waiting to see that one. It's as good as I expected it would be.

linda said...

Lynette-I love the photo of your son's eyes. I'm going to give that a try! I miss taking your class!!

Jen Moyer said...

Love that layout, I have a picture of Jaden like that, Im going to copy you ok? :)

Dawny P said...

These are fabulous chick. You did a great job with the sketch and those colours and images are just gorgeous :) Thank you for joining us at PTW - hugs, Dawny xxxx

Jilli said...

Love what you've done and the colours you've used. Fab projects! Jillix

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin